Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

G-R Christmas

December 12, 2012
Sadie Walton - G-R student , Reinbeck Courier

With the Christmas season in our midst, we thought it might be interesting to see what Christmas meant to some of the kids at the high school. We sent out a school wide survey to see what they had to say. The first question we asked was, "If you could make three Christmas wishes what would they be?" A lot of our seniors wished college scholarships.

Joey Linder, junior, wished that he could fly, his dog could fly, and that the two of them could become superheroes with cool costumes. Marco Barron, junior, wished for a baby cheetah, a baby monkey and his family in Mexico. Surprisingly, most people wished to spend Christmas with their family and world peace. Who knew high schoolers could be so thoughtful?

When asked about family Christmas traditions, Paige Kromas, senior, said every year her grandma Janet accidently takes a present that someone has given her and re-gifts them to someone else in the family. Although it's not planned, this happens every year and has turned into a family tradition. Erin Wentzein, senior, says that her family holds the Wentzein Olympics every year on Christmas day.

The question, "What celebrity would you most like to meet under the mistletoe this year?" brought some interesting answers. It seems most of the boys would like to meet Disney Channel stars such as Selena Gomez and Hannah Montana. There were also a lot of Olympians on the list: Mikaylas Maroney, Nathan Adrian, and Ryan Lochte all have G-R students pining for them this Christmas. There also seemed to be a general consensus among the ladies that Channing Tatum, Justin Bieber, Liam Hemsworth and Zac Efron would suffice as well.

This poll also collected some interesting statistics about our students. It turns out that 83% of G-R high schoolers put up fake trees, leaving only 17% who have real ones. We also found that only 52% of the student body likes eggnog, 43% think that it is gross. The most information we collected was whether our students were naughty or nice. It turns out that we are actually a pretty well behaved school, if you think you can trust us that is. 69% of our high schoolers say that they have been good this year, and only 26% say that they have been naughty.

When it came to the question that everyone cares about, "What is the true meaning of Christmas?" almost everyone seemed to agree that Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus, giving to one and other, and coming together to spend time with your family. Have a wonderful Christmas!

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web