The Preservation of Rural Iowa Alliance and concerned Grundy County landowners strongly suggest that you do NOT sign a voluntary easement for the Rock Island Clean Line (RICL) project.
DID YOU KNOW . . .
- RICL has the right to sell the easement at any time.
- The easement is permanent.
- This proposed high voltage line will set a precedent for more lines across Iowa.
- This private for profit company has not proven feasibility.
- This transmission line will decrease property values.
- Tax will need to be paid on easement proceeds.
- RICL has the right to cross your land at any time to gain access to the easement.
- RICL does not pay fair compensation for the property.
- The easement and access areas will have long term reduced crop production.
- The transmission line will increase complexity of farm practices (GPS, drainage tile, aerial spray, etc.)
- Unknown health risks from the high voltage transmission line.
- During construction, the easement and access areas cannot be farmed (construction could last more than year.)
For more information, visit our web site at: iowastopricl.com. Phone 712-262-5229. The Preservation of Rural Iowa Alliance will be hosting a community opposition meeting on Sunday, January 19th at 2:00 p.m. at the Grundy Center Community Center, Grundy Center, Iowa.