For the second year running, the tallest of the tall corn contestants at the Iowa State Fair reclaimed the same titles. The competition was judged Wednesday prior to the start of the 2013 Iowa State Fair.
Casey Perkins of Topeka, Kan., claimed first place with an entry measuring in at 21 feet, 4 inches tall.
Jean Bickmeier of Harper earned second place with an entry measuring 15 feet, 3 inches.
Gary Bickmeier of Harper took third place honors with an entry measuring in at 14 feet, 8 inches tall.
Additional Results below:
4) Darwin Engelker, Holland, 14 feet, 2 inches
5) Jay VanWert, Hampton, 14 feet, 3 inches
6) David Carlson, Waverly, 14 feet, 4 inches
7) Ronald Zelle, Waverly, 14 feet 6 inches
8) Chad Engelkgar, Des Moines, 12 feet, 6 inches
9 tie) John Washburn, Des Moines, 12 feet, 7 inches
9 tie) Elly and Alyssa Stuber, Grundy Center, 12 feet, 7 inches
11) Lydia and Haley Stuber, Grundy Center, 12 feet, 8 inches
The contest was part of "Rural Americana Olde Tyme Competitions" in Farm Bureau Pioneer Hall. A first prize of $5 and ribbons were awarded to each class.